Join the inventors of NU Dawn Heat Saturday, Aug. 31 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Jay’s Sporting Goods Gaylord location. They will be providing heater demonstrations and much more! Also, check out their Facebook page, take the survey and be entered for a chance to win a nuDAWN Heater!
Although we’re in the midst of the dog days of summer, hunters and ice fishermen are already plotting and planning their adventures in the woods and on the ice.
Inventors and entrepreneurs, Dan Dehring and Kevin Stoltz, both from Northern Michigan and owners of ScentFree Outdoors, are in the business of keeping you warm. The nuDAWN Heat - portable heater – offers outdoor-folks an incredibly safe alternative to staying warm while you are holed-up in your hunting shack enduring Michigan’s November freeze. nuDawn Heat utilizes state-of-the-art technology and gauges to ensure the heat source emits the lowest carbon monoxide levels of any heating competitor. Using radiant heat technology, nuDawn Heat presents no open flame making this again incredibly safe.
Recently, I met with Dan Dehring for a full demonstration of the heater. The nuDawn Heat product exceeded my expectations. From the perspective of someone who has lit many heaters and scorched many hunting coats, the electronic ignition system on the heater was perhaps my favorite element. There is no need for matches. The electronic ignition does it all for you. Next, there is no open flame or hot coils. As a mom who is often in the hunting shack with my kids during hunting season, I don’t have to worry about an accident happening with flame. The heater does get hot as it is made from stainless steel; however, with no open flame I have one less thing to worry about. Of course, while you are outside in freezing temperatures, the outside will not seem as hot. As a bonus, the heater was developed with a tray area on top so keeping your coffee hot all day is a bonus. Although we did not test it, the heater could actually be utilized as a cooking source as well.
I’ve focused on hunting, but the heater is also great for the ice fisherman as well. Developed as a box, the heater does not have any protruding elements that make it awkward to pack or carry. It also has a handle. Ice fishermen can place the heater between their legs while out on the lake and enjoy warmth. Another asset of the heater is that is does not get hot on the bottom. Literally, my laptop gets hotter than the heater did. We ran the heater for approximately 30 minutes and the deck was not even a bit warm. So no, it will not melt the ice and you can’t knock it over. nuDawn Heat does not need a tip switch as it is built so sturdy (check out the pictures!) . Umm, yep, great for those cold mornings waiting for the ducks to fly in.
Campers and 5th-Wheel Trailers have a furnace which runs off of propane. nuDawn Heat is no different as it also runs off of propane; however, the technology of the heater is much safer than the built-in furnace. So in testing the product, we headed to the 5th-Wheel. We started the heater (again super, easy-electronic ignition) and let it run for about 20 minutes and tested the carbon monoxide levels with Dehring’s carbon monoxide tester – ZERO registered. I recall a few mornings at deer camp waking up with headaches, and thinking now, perhaps, it was a furnace issue.
So for campers, nuDawn Heat is a great tool to have with you as well.
Price point wise, nuDawn Heat will retail for about $449. I know your eyes widened; however, the safety features and the technology are worth it. Through the extensive research and product testing that has been done, this will be the last heater you purchase. And, if you are concerned at all about safety, this is a MUST-HAVE product.
Benefits of nuDAWN HEAT
- The heater after a few minutes after start up does not smell of propane – at all!
- With an all electric house including heat, the heater would be great to have in case of power outages. No it will not heat the whole house, but it will keep us warm in a room – and safely! No carbon monoxide!
- Did I mention it is is scent-free?
- The propane tanks last approximately six hours on high and around 8 hours on the lowest heat setting.
- The option to hook a 20 pound tank up to nuDawn Heat is also available.
- Did I mention hot coffee all day long?
- No accidental gas combustion while lighting the heater. The electronic ignition requires no matches!
- The unit also has an auto shut off in the event that carbon monoxide levels exceed a certain amount.
- Back up… Did I mention there is a built in carbon monoxide monitor? Love that!
- Using the unit on a counter top in a camper or trailer is OK and extremely safe!
- It’s built with “rocket science” technology.
- Self-contained system… The wind won’t cause it to blow out. Mr. Buddy has an issue with that in high winds.
I really can’t say enough good things about the technology and the safety of nuDawn Heat. Dan and Kevin have worked for many years developing the product to ensure safety is THE number 1 factor for customers. If you are interested in learning more about ScentFree Outdoors and nuDawn Heat check out the website or find them on Facebook.